I’ve got the perfect remedy for you if any of the following sound familiar.
- You’re sensitive. Sensitive to sounds, scents, people’s energy…
- You’ve got a lot on your plate. Deadlines, new projects, the world’s longest “to do list.”
- Something’s thrown you off balance. A conflict that leaves you in tears, a realization that you missed a deadline, or bad news.
- You’re craving rest and renewal. Now. Pronto. This instant please.
- You want to dig a hole and crawl in.
Child’s Pose to the Rescue
With child’s pose you instantly cut off stimulation. No props needed. It soothes your nervous system. Your mind will relax.
On a physical level child’s pose will passively open your hips and back. If you’re the kind of person who defaults to action, passive poses like child can be a great practice. With the pose you get to practice a way to “let the pose do you” instead of you doing the pose. It gifts you with a way to allow something to happen as opposed to muscling it into place.
If your knees, back, or hips won’t let you come into the full pose watch the video for some gentle variations.
How did this pose work for you?