We spend six weeks exploring Gabby’s six-step process.
I can tell you that if you commit to the process, your life will change.
FREEDOM FROM JUDGMENT
I bet you’ve been on the receiving end of someone else’s judgment. Feels pretty crappy, doesn’t it? If you’re like me you’d love a solution that would allow you to never experience those feelings again, right? But I’m betting you’ve also been on the giving end of judgment too. I’m not criticizing you for playing the role of judge. We all do. Those first judgy thoughts feel good, empowering, justified even.
But that aftertaste isn’t pleasant. In fact, you might have some shame or embarrassment about your judgments. I know I do. Sometimes I justify my judgment, which just contributes to my less than great feelings.
Then there’s the judgment we heap upon our precious selves. Too fat, lazy, stupid, not enough, too much, should have known better, should have tried harder, not talented enough, not attractive, don’t make enough, should have more education, should be further along… ughhh!
Understanding the role of judgment in our lives and healing that judgment is at the heart of ending our struggles with self-love and self-care. We judge, not because we’re bad people, but because we’re wounded. Because we’re trying to feel safe. To feel better. It works for that brief moment, but we end up feeling worse.
It’s time to stop the madness. It doesn’t serve anyone. As a person who judges both myself and others, I’m loving the journey of Gabrielle Bernstein’s latest book, The Judgment Detox: Release the Beliefs That Hold You Back from Living a Better Life. That’s why I want to share it with you.
This is big self-care. If you’ve been doing many of the “right things’ when it comes to self-care, but you’re still feeling unhappy, low energy, depleted, guilty, angry, or disappointed about the state of your life and the world, then this group may be just what you’re looking for.
JOIN ME AS WE SPEND SIX WEEKS EXPLORING GABBY’S SIX-STEP PROCESS.
- Witness Your Judgment without Judgment
- Honor the Wound
- Put Love on the Altar
- See for the First Time
- Cut the Cords
- Bring Your Shadows to the Light
This is spiritual work. You don’t have to be religious or bring a spiritual belief system. You must, however, bring an open mind, a willingness to experiment with the exercises, and that same willingness to let yourself be healed.
You might feel scared. You might be experiencing resistance or skepticism. What happens when you admit to yourself or others that you’ve been standing in judgment? What happens if you stop judging and forgive certain people? Is it even right to forgive them? All of these thoughts are welcome (and normal) in the process. Know that you will always be in charge of your journey here. You choose what you participate in and what you leave on the table. You get to experience what it feels like to release judgment and when it’s not the right thing for you.
I can’t promise what will shift for you as you move through the steps. But I can tell you that if you commit to the process, your life will change.
Just to be clear, you won’t be getting rid of judgment. You will be releasing the energy it takes to carry around righteous indignation. You’ll look at your beliefs and decide which ones don’t serve you. You’ll also get clearer about receiving guidance that will help you release and heal judgment.
You’ll be moving closer to your perfect state of love.
What you have to gain:
- More Freedom
- Less shame
- Better health
- Focus on what’s important to you
- A feeling of safety
- Increased self-awareness
How will we do this?
Each week you’ll read a chapter of the book and practice the steps, which build on each other. The chapters are quick reads and you can always get an audio copy if that makes it more doable for you.
We’ll meet once a week as a small group of 4-10 to focus on one of the steps, practice the exercises, and answer questions. In full disclaimer, I’m using her steps while putting my own spin on them. I expect you’ll do the same.
The tools you’ll be using:
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique or energy tapping)
- Meditation, both guided and mantra meditation
- Cord removal (energy work)
- Six 60 minutes sessions
- Recordings of meditations
- Recordings of all sessions
- Pdf handouts
- Private Facebook group
We’ll be meeting virtually on Tuesdays beginning January 15 at 6:30 P.M. PST. We’ll meet for four weeks, then take three weeks off starting back on March 5 with our final session on March 12.
Dates: January 15, 22, 29, February 5, March 5, 12.
$149 for the six weeks of classes, all recordings, and pdf handouts.
- I’ll be leading you through the tapping during our group calls each week. While you can do the tapping on your own (and hopefully will,) it is much easier to have someone trained in energy tapping (that would be me) guide you, especially in the beginning. Also, if you work through the book you’ll be using her scripts. They’re wonderful, but I’ll be using real-life situations that come up for you during the process. I find this to be much more effective.
- I’ll be recording the meditations. If you’ve ever tried to do meditation while reading the directions from a book you know it doesn’t work. Of course, you could read them from the book or record them yourself, but if you join the book group you’ll have the ease of listening to the mediations without having to do any extra work. As a long-time yoga teacher and experienced meditator, I bring expertise in leading meditations like the ones in the book.
- Accountability: Committing to a group means you’re more likely to complete the six steps in the book.
- Community: You’ll find power and support as you take on the work of releasing your judgments and reclaiming your energy in a group of like-minded people.
Return Your Joy, Energy, & Vitality