All those hours you spend surfing through YouTube on a quest for funny videos might be some of the best time you spend. (You love me right now for saying that, don’t you?)
I could site research on the power of laughter. But who needs research? Try a good laugh, the kind that brings tears to your eyes, and see how you feel. Better, right?
Watch and laugh
Watch this video to prime the laughter pump. Then while you’re in the spirit make a list of things that make you laugh. Make it a practice to include them regularly.
And just in case you want a few facts to support your quest for laughter as a stress buster, read on.
- Reduces your stress hormones.
- Relaxes your body.
- Raises the your levels of endorphins (and with fewer calories than chocolate.)
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Boosts your immune system.
- Increases your memory.
- Enhances your creativity.
- Improves your mood.
- Helps you bond with others. (I don’t know about you, but the people I feel closest to are people I laugh with.)
- Eases your fear and anxiety.
- Shifts your perspective.
Now it’s your turn. What makes your laugh? Add your comments here.