Want to know more about who I am and why I get results? Here’s the “in a nutshell” response, the heartfelt personal response, the credential response, and a few quirky facts for fun.
I combine 30-years of success as a business owner with my skills and knowledge of yoga, energy work, bodywork, and aromatherapy. I also draw on my 13-year background in social work whereI helped people explore their dreams and find healthy balanced ways of living them.
How I earned my stripes as a purpose and well life coach:
- I desperately needed the salve of self care.
I grew up in a loving family. But the message of work harder and override your inner knowing was a part of growing up in a small midwestern town in the 60’s-70’s. And me, I ingrained that message well.As an empath I took on everybody else’s stuff. I excelled at doing what others wanted me to do. Then I rebelled at doing what others wanted me to do. I learned to binge eat (apply liberally for numbing purposes.) Combined this is not a recipe for self love and care. I had to find a better way.
- I have a low tolerance for feeling poorly.I love feeling good and having abundant energy. High motivation for figuring this stuff out.
- I am curious and persistent.
I’ve been likened to a terrier, intensely curious and full of energy. In high school and college I started to explore topics like herbology, yoga, and vegetarianism. I’m still exploring. One of my favorite ways to spend time is learning.
- Living my soul’s purpose has been part of my work life since I graduated from college. From my first job out of college I’ve been called to work in ways that allowed me to be of service. Social worker, massage therapist, yoga instructor, massage school instructor, aromatherapist, and now coach… Everything I’ve done has helped empower people to be more aligned with who they are. Every job I’ve had or businesses I’ve owned has offered great rewards. (Most also happen to be in professions with high burnout rates.)
Since 1991 I’ve been successfully self employed. I strongly believe in the importance of working in a way that’s aligned with my purpose. I learned that in order to live my purpose I have to first take care of me.
- I love helping others. I discovered that if someone isn’t living their soul’s purpose they will experience a negative impact. And on the other hand, if someone isn’t taking care of themselves, they can’t fully live their soul’s purpose.
Credential stuff or why I’m qualified to help you.
- Bachelors in Social Work from Indiana University (1979)
- Licensed massage therapist #3696 in State of Oregon (since 1991)
- Oregon School of Massage pre-licensing program (1991)
- Integrative Yoga Therapy yoga therapist (1994) and Donna Farhi yoga teacher training (1996)
- Institute of Dynamic Aromatherapy apprenticeship program (2000)
- Coach Training World coach certification (2014)
- Trainings with Mark Silver, Nancy Marmolejo, Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero, Rachael Jayne Groover, Andrea J. Lee, Therese Skelley, and Kathy Mallary among others.
Some of the modalities I’m trained in include self-care, flower essences, Pranic Healing, Reiki, Pleidian Lightwork, and numerous bodywork trainings. (Remember, I said learning was one of my favs.)
Teaching, Training, and Speaking Experience
Since the late 70’s I’ve taught, trained, and spoke in a variety of settings including one on one, small and large groups as well as in classroom setting at Oregon School of Massage for 17 years.
- I start most mornings with a green smoothie.
- The last six properties I’ve lived at have had a creek on them. I love moving water.
- I really love seaweed and have been known to eat it directly from the beach. Yum
- I am an Aquarian with a Pieces moon and Scorpio rising. People who know something about astrology are often surprised to hear that about me. I don’t know what that means.
- I collect bones. I’ve got turtle, owl, antelope bones… I love they way they look. Is that creepy? (BTW-All my bones came from animals that died of natural causes.)